工作地点：Almaty (Alma Ata)?截止日期：19 April , 2019
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) Subregional Office for North and Central Asia (SONCA), located in Almaty, Kazakhstan, offers an internship opportunity for a minimum of two months with possible extension up to six months.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or section to which they are assigned.
SONCA covers nine ESCAP member States in North and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Afghanistan participates in the activities of SONCA as a member of the United Nations Special Programme for the Economies of Central Asia (SPECA).
More details are available on http://www.unescap.org/subregional-office/north-central-asia.
Under the general guidance of Head of Office and the direct supervision by a professional staff member, an intern will assist conduct of research related to development in North and Central Asia. The intern will collect and compile socioeconomic data and draft reports.
In addition, regular duties of the intern will include media analysis; assistance in drafting and preparing official documents, speeches and presentations; assistance for conferences and meetings; and other activities upon request.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
a) be computer literate in standard software applications;
b) have a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
c) have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Familiarity with socioeconomic data is desirable.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying or what have you studied).
- Graduation date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?).
- List of the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List of your top three areas of interest.
- Explanation about why you are the most suitable candidate for this specific internship.
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, divisions are not in a position to reply to each application and that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration.